The software industry was growing at a lightning pace even before the pandemic, and it is showing no signs of slowing down. In fact, revenue continues to post double-digit growth year over year, putting software in the top 50 fastest-growing industries. But why is the industry growing so fast, and what can companies do to keep up with rapidly expanding staffing needs?
Why Is Software Growing Rapidly?
There are a couple of reasons why the software industry continues to grow and expand:
- Technical disruption: We live in a world where technical disruptions have become commonplace. Technology is evolving faster than ever before, which means a constant need for new software to address these breakthroughs.
- The Internet of Things: Every time you turn around you see a new smart device being offered. From TVs to toasters, the Internet of Things (IoT) continues to expand. And software professionals are needed to bring these devices online.
- Global competition: Because software is in such high demand, there are companies around the globe looking for a piece of the action. And new startups open every day. This global competition creates a “grow fast or die” scenario in which only companies that are highly flexible and can scale quickly are likely to survive.
How Can PEAK Staffing Help?
Constant growth across the software industry means companies have an ongoing need for new software professionals. But it’s currently a job seeker’s market, as “The Great Resignation” continues. Attracting and retaining top software talent is tough. That’s where dedicated engineering and IT staffing firm such as PEAK can help.
- Locating passive recruits: Many top software professionals are already in jobs they enjoy. But they may be open to a change. We know where to find them and how to persuade those who are not currently job hunting to keep an open mind. This can increase the pool of available candidates while reducing competition from other employers.
- Speaking the language: If you aren’t a software expert, you may not be familiar with the language and jargon of the industry. This can make it difficult to conduct meaningful interviews. With a strong background in the software industry, we know what to ask and how to measure responses.
- Filling the gaps: Hiring a full-time employee takes time, but the work won’t wait. We can provide you with temporary or temp-to-hire software professionals who are ready to go on Day One, easing the burden on your existing staff.
Build A Forward-Thinking Engineering Team With PEAK
If you are looking for talented engineering professionals who can help your organization achieve its goals, contact the experts at PEAK Technical Staffing today to learn how we can help you access cutting-edge talent.