Engineering has a reputation for being a bit of a stiff and boring career. While some engineering projects are hardly considered “sexy,” there is an emerging field of engineering that is all about creativity and fun. Entertainment engineering takes best practices from engineering and fine arts and combines them into one specialization.
Entertainment engineering is a broad field covering everything from theme parks to touring stage productions to reality TV shows to concerts and more. The work can vary significantly from job to job and each role requires unique strengths. Entertainment engineers may need to know everything from how to draw, how to fabricate materials, how to make 3D models, animation, construction and more.
Entertainment engineering is not yet recognized as a unique field by the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), but the BLS reports that mechanical engineers – the most closely related specialization – should expect to see job growth of five percent through 2024.
Ready to Find Entertainment Engineering Job Opportunities?
There are endless unique opportunities for entertainment engineers but finding opportunities that align with your goals can be a challenge. Working with a professional recruiter allows you to connect to opportunities you may never find on your own. The recruiters of PEAK Technical Staffing are experts in entertainment engineering recruiting. We match bright talent with exciting opportunities every day.
Some of the positions we recruit for include:
- Art/Production Director
- Audio/Visual Engineer and Technician
- CAD Support
- Control Systems Engineer
- Design Services Director and Manager
- E/M Engineer
- EH&S Manager
- Electrical/Controls Drafter
- Electrical Designer, Engineer and Technician
- Graphics Engine Developer
- Industrial Designer
- Mechanical CAD Drafter (SolidWorks, AutoCAD)
- Mechanical Designer, Engineer and Technician
- Network Engineer
- Project Engineers – Principal
- Project Manager
- Quality Assurance Engineer and Tester
- Quality Control Engineer and Inspector
- Ride and Show Engineer
- Software/IT Engineer and Programmer
- Software Systems Engineer
- Special Effects Engineer
- Structural Designer/Drafter
- Structural Designer – Principal
- Systems Administrator
- Technical Writer