Developers have been in high demand for several years, but if you are looking for new opportunities, it pays to keep your finger on the pulse of the market. Here’s what you need to know if you’re thinking about growing your development career.
Trends Impacting the Development Market
Of course there is always a need for developers in traditional fields like software, web and application development, but these are the trends that are poised to offer new opportunities for talented professionals:
- Blockchain: Blockchain is a hot topic in the tech sector thanks to the meteoric rise of cryptocurrencies, specifically Bitcoin. Blockchain has use cases that can disrupt almost every industry, and companies are starting to hire developers who can help them enter the market.
- IoT: To manage the massive amounts of data being collected by the Internet of Things, many are turning to edge computing. Developers are needed to help build and maintain the infrastructure, and the rise of BizDevOps will give developers more input in projects.
- Cybersecurity: The demand for cybersecurity pros is rising exponentially and supply can’t keep up. Developers who want their skills to remain in demand for the foreseeable future will find a great deal of opportunity in the security sector.
- Artificial Intelligence: AI is no longer a futuristic possibility – it is necessary to keep pace in the market. Developers will be in high demand as companies look for ways to leverage this technology to make systems run more efficiently and to gain a competitive edge.
- Virtual Reality: While virtual reality headsets have been slow to take off, companies are looking for ways to make it stick. Meanwhile, augmented reality is becoming much more mainstream, and developers with these skills can get early entry into the market.
How to Find Great Development Jobs
Development jobs are plentiful but finding a role that meets your personal goals and priorities can be a challenge with so many opportunities on the table. If you are looking to grow your development career, and you’re finding the process of looking for jobs to be overwhelming, consider working with a recruiter that specializes in development.
A recruiter can take on the legwork, using sophisticated tools to uncover opportunities and match you with the right job at the right organization. You will waste less time evaluating openings and applying for positions, as they only recommend you for opportunities that align with your criteria.
PEAK Technical Consulting has created connections with employers nationwide, where you can find projects and roles to make the most of your abilities and advance your career. Since 1968, PEAK has helped IT professionals find jobs that offer flexibility, challenges and rewards. We are committed to giving you the resources and support you need to build the career of your dreams.
Take a look at some of the IT jobs we offer.
If you are looking for employers and opportunities that will take your IT career to the next level and help you to achieve your goals, contact a PEAK recruitment expert today.